Facebook announced Tuesday that it now has more than 2 million active advertisers, and the social network launched its Ads Manager application for iOS.
Chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg announced during the company’s second-quarter-2014 earnings call last July that Facebook had topped the 1.5 million-advertiser mark, while director of small business Dan Levy revealed in June 2013 that the 1 million mark had been surpassed.
Facebook rolled out its Ads Manager mobile site last July and included access to it in its flagship iOS and Android apps, and it said in a Facebook for Business post that the new Ads Manager app for iOS is currently available in the U.S., with plans to take it global “in the next few weeks” and an Android version coming later this year.
There are now more than 2 million active advertisers on Facebook, and we have just two words to say to each one of you: Thank you.
This is a moment to celebrate all of the incredible entrepreneurs like you who are creating value for their communities:
- Courtney, a mom in North Carolina who started The Produce Box, a company delivering fresh food that now provides a market for more than 40 farmers across the state.
- Shubhra and Vivek, married Indian entrepreneurs who sold their house to raise the money to start Chumbak, an accessories company that now employs more than 150 people.
- Thiago, a Brazilian man in the Amazon who turned his passion for making chocolate into Brigadore Brigadeiros Gourmet, a chain of stores and a national brand.
- KaYoung, a young woman in South Korea who used her law school tuition money to launch HotelNow, a service for finding last-minute hotel rooms, which is now expanding across Asia.
And there are more than 2 million other inspiring stories of people working to grow their businesses. You’re creating jobs, sharing new ideas and inspiring all of us to dream big.
Our mission is to make the world more open and connected, and an important part of that is helping people connect with businesses. Today, we want to express our thanks to you and all of our advertising partners — 2 million strong and growing every day. We’re going to keep working to serve you better so you can continue creating jobs and opportunities in your community and moving the entire world forward.
Facebook said in an email to SocialTimes on the Ads Manager app:
Roughly 35 percent of U.S. small businesses don’t have a Web presence at all, but more than 30 million businesses around the world actively use Facebook pages because they’re free, easy to use and they work well on mobile. Below are three reasons more businesses are turning to Facebook to grow:
- Easy: Facebook’s tools are easier than ever to use. Of newly acquired advertisers in the fourth quarter of 2014, 80 percent used our easiest ad tools, particularly promoted posts.
- Mobile: The consumer shift to mobile is making more business owners want to use Facebook’s mobile tools to reach customers and manage their businesses. For instance, more than 15 million small and midsized businesses use our Pages Manager app to manage their pages on mobile.
- Effective: We’ve proven to businesses that our ads work. We want to make sure that every dollar they spend with us improves their bottom line. Tools like conversion tracking have accelerated better measurement for SMBs.
And the social network said in the Facebook for Business post announcing the release of the Ads Manager app:
As business owners and marketers spend less time on desktop computers and more on mobile devices, advertisers have a growing need to manage Facebook campaigns on the go. To meet that demand, last summer, we introduced the Ads Manager mobile site, which is now used by more than 800,000 advertisers each month. Today, in an effort to make mobile ad campaign management even easier for the 2 million businesses using Facebook advertising, we’re launching Ads Manager app.
Whether you want to monitor current ads or create new ones, Ads Manager app gives marketers more power to manage ads from anywhere. Using the app, marketers can:
- Track ad performance.
- Edit existing ads.
- Edit ad budgets and schedules.
- Receive push notifications.
- Create ads.
Ads Manager app for iOS is available today in the U.S. and will be available worldwide in the next few weeks. We’re currently building Ads Manager app for Android and expect to launch it later this year.
Readers: What are your thoughts on Facebook reaching 2 million active advertisers, and what are your initial impressions of the Ads Manager app?
Article courtesy of SocialTimes Feed